Effective date: May 25, 2018
Welcome to BodhiBuddy("BodhiBuddy," "we," "us" or "our"). It is free for use as is, for the benefit of SGI members
globally, and provides a convenient interface to read SGI (Soka Gakkai) ebooks and links, download and listen to SGI songs,
create targets, measure chanting sessions and other things of interest for SGI members.
information in relation to our mobile services, web site, and any software provided on or in connection with
BodhiBuddy services (collectively, the "Service"), and your choices about the collection and use of
If you choose to use this service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy.
Click on the links below to jump to each section of this Policy:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store Your Information
- Your choices about your Information
- Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For the purpose of functionality of the service and for better experience, we may require you to provide us with certain personally
Information collected through our Apps:
- User Content Information you feed into the app, (e.g., notes, campaigns, targets, daimoku session and other materials) that you feed into the app.
- Mobile Device Access We may request access or permission to certain features on your mobile device,
including mobile device's calendar, contacts, reminders, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our
access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Data We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID,
model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push notifications We may request to send you push notifications in the mobile application.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools
collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other
information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics
information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Cookies and similar technologies:
storage to collect information about how you use BodhiBuddy and provide features to you.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e.,
visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your
browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web
request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how
you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may
also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and
which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
that we receive to:
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the BodhiBuddy application on your device
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside BodhiBuddy (and other applications/services
owned by the owner of BodhiBuddy) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device
identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service
Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the
Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other
country in which BodhiBuddy, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- BodhiBuddy, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including
personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around
- By registering for and using the Service you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. or to any other
country in which BodhiBuddy, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities and the use and disclosure of
- Please do your part to help us.
We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Uninstall the app on your phone to delete any local data on it. You can contact us at
email@example.com for any further help.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, BodhiBuddy, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may
retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a reasonable time for
backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service,
including the information or content contained within them. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our
Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our website,
are subject to that third party's own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do
not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you are using a
third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US
please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
provide you additional forms of notice of modifications or updates as appropriate under the circumstances. Your
acceptance of such modification.